The picture above gives Telugu Bible verse about cross and here below are some precious Bible Words that are associated with Good Friday in English. We will soon upload them in Telugu too.
- “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.” – Matthew 27:50 (NIV)
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8 (KJV)
- “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)
- “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24 (ESV)
- “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.” – 1 Peter 3:18 (NIV)
- “For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread…” – 1 Corinthians 11:23 (NIV)
- “And they crucified him and divided his garments among them, casting lots for them, to decide what each should take.” – Mark 15:24 (ESV)
- “When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, ‘It is finished,’ and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” – John 19:30 (ESV)
- “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes, we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5 (ESV)
Many people of Christian faith fast in this season of lent. That is not a compulsion or written but people love to be more near to God through fasting and good deeds. Refreshing their spiritual needs and growing in faith is the motto in my view.